Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

EDM310 is always the talk on stressful students minds in the halls of UCOMM. Coming into EDM310 I had heard many things: "Its time consuming", "Don't take with other classes that will take up your time", and "You learn more in this class than all four years of high school". My fear about this class is that I will fall behind, and not be able to juggle all of my classes this semester. A fear is just an unpleasant emotion,and will not become a reality unless I make it one. It is difficult to compare this class to others because everything about it is different. I have never had a teacher expect so much of their class and have faith that all of the work can get done in a timely manner. What stood out to me the most was the grading aspect, I have never heard of a teacher till now of grading replaced by self reflection. I think the most difficult thing will be the learning and grasping the concepts of so many different new programs. I can over come this difficulty by putting more time and effort into learning these programs and use them more on a daily basis.

4 comments:

  1. "I think the most difficult thing will be the learning and grasping the concepts of so many different new programs. I can over come this difficulty by putting more time and effort into learning these programs and use them more on a daily basis." You will be surprised to see how much you will learn through the new programs. There are many resources available, including tutorials, on how to use the many programs that you will use in EDM 310.

    Welcome to EDM 310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the same fear you do about falling behind and not being able to juggle this class and everything else all at once.

    "A fear is just an unpleasant emotion, and will not become a reality unless I make it one." I really liked your determination in this. It definitely helps my confidence going further in this class. We can do this! Good luck with everything and congratulations on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My fear about this class is that I will fall behind, and not be able to juggle all of my classes this semester." I know exactly how you feel about your fear because I can be a bit of a procrastinator, but I usually manage to get my work done on time. Not to mention trying to juggle too many things at once is a struggle on its own but it's possible with good time manage skills which I'm learning everyday. I believe we will survive this class this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... have faith that all of the work can get done in a timely manner." You are correct. We do believe that you can be a successful independent lifelong learner. Now demonstrate to us that our faith is well placed.

    ReplyDelete