Thursday, April 3, 2014

C4K March Summary

Week 1, Meliana's Blog
This week I had the opportunity to visit Meliana's page on Mrs. She's class blog site. This week Mrs. She's class was learning to write explanation stories. I was able to view Meliana's video on 'What is a Good Friend?'. I told Meliana how important it is to know the qualities of a good friend and that i thought she listed some great qualities in a friend. I told Meliana that i think we would be good friends because we both know how to be a good friend. I also told Meliana that i have a lot of good friends and they are very important. I am fascinated by the use of technology from the second graders in Mrs. She's classroom. I only wish I had the tools and resources when I was a student in elementary school. I also informed Meliana that I am looking forward to watching more of her videos.

Week 2, Jordan's Blog
This week i had the pleasure of viewing Jordan's blog he is a year 7 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. He in Class 2 with Mrs Lagitupu. This week Jordan introduced his readers to a new game he has been playing online called Free Rice. This game lets you donate real grains of rice to poor families in South Africa who go hungry. Jordan has already donated 1000 grains of rice. Jordan explains the rules and that when you get an answer right the United Nations World Food Program donates 10 grains of rice. Jordan includes a warning that "This game may make you smarter and improve your speaking, writing, thinking and grades.

Week 3, Nathan's Blog
Nathan is a Year 8 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. He is in Class 5 with Ms Paget. This week Nathan discusses what his class is learning in science. They learn science for 5 weeks, this week they learned about solids, liquids and gases using eggs. I told Nathan that I am in college and I still learn more about solids, liquids, and gases. The experiment they tried sounded fun and I would like to try it in my classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment